November 14, 2011
December 29, 2010
Tony DeLisi, Director of Research for the Austin Chamber of Commerce provides a wealth of information pulled from the 5 year US Census surveys. These reports are NOT based on the recent census conducted every 10 years but rather a summary of the American Community Survey done annually. By incorporating the data over the last five years, Tony provides an accurate and up-to-date profile of the Austin Region.
The article below notes that:
· Household Income: $57,109 for
· Education: 39% of
· In-migration of Educated Workers: High income and education levels in the
· Mobility Patterns: Mobility patterns show that only an estimated 77% of residents lived in the same house one year previously, with 13% moving locally within their county, 6% moving from within Texas, 3% coming from out of state, and 1% coming from abroad
· Housing Vacancy: The residential real estate market had only an estimated 8% housing vacancy rate over the 5-year period
· Median Home Value: Heat maps are provided showing the median home value and change in median home value since 2000
· Median Rents: Heat maps are also provided showing the same information for Rents
Link to article: http://austinchamber.com/LiveWork/Economic/report.html
December 14, 2010
Active Listings + 2.01%
New listings – 14.13%.
Pendings + 17.13%
Solds units + 14.12%
Sold average sales prices – 3.19% to $256,508.
In 2009 it was $266,938.
Today there are 10,206 active listings.
That is + 2.01% from last year.
His written reports are intense. In a good way. They are chock full of photographs and he uses his tablet PC to fill in the blanks on site so you get his real time observation of issues versus a foggy memory.
I was originally introduced to Scott a couple of years ago when he brought lunch to a class that I was attending as part of my continuing education as a REALTOR. In exchange for his sandwich payola, the room listened while he did a short commercial for his business. That's how it works.
I related to Scott's approach immediately. Attentiveness, technology, follow-through. I decided right away to add him to my list of preferred vendors.
Since then, Scott has served a dozen or more of my clients and counting. He consistently wins their trust and business not for being the cheapest inspection, but for giving them confidence that they will learn everything they need to know during this HUGE purchase decision.
Bravo, PPI. Keep up the great work!
December 6, 2010
New listings - 15.54%.
December 2, 2010
Pendings + 1.97%.
Solds - by 27.05%
The "New Listings" average list price - .08% to $298,104. In November 2009 the average list price was $298,353.
Sold average sales prices + 4.63% to $244,026. For November 2009 it was $233,225.
November 4, 2010
Pendings - 22.86%.
Solds - 34.51%
As for Average Prices:
The "New Listings" average list price + 8.64% to $300,898. In October 2009 the average list price was $276,975.
Sold average sales prices + 10.37% to $258,626. For October 2009 it was $234,320.
October 11, 2010
October 6, 2010
Pendings - 26.66%.
Solds - 32.31%
The "New Listings" average list price is - 6.73% to $281,120. In September 2009 the average list price was $301,416.
Sold average sales prices + 4.29% to $249,017. For September 2009 it was $238,763.